none
Hiding some level of grouping when the custom field is empty at Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I group some custom fields at the Project Center (portfolio/programs/subprograms), but some on this are empty (see the image). I want to eliminate this fields (subprograms; subprogramas in the image), but next level (the projects) must continue to be visible.

Is it possible?

Thanks 

Pablo

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:10 PM

All replies

• Pablo --

So, I think you are asking if you can hide the blank group summary rows, but continue to show the subtasks in those groups.  Correct?  If so, the answer is no, you cannot hide group summary rows but continue to show the projects in those hidden group summary rows.  A better approach, in my opinion, would be to specify a Subprogram value for every project to eliminate the blank groups.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:05 PM
  • Your interpretation is right. But in real life is usual that exists projects  part of a program but that don't have a subprogram assigned (see for example the PMBOK  for the concept, i.e. unbalanced tree of programs/subprograms/projects). Again, it seems to me that MS PPM 2013 is a project server tool enhanced but not a REAL portfolio tool.  I wonder why Gartner put it in it's first magic quadrant ?

Thanks again for you kindness.

Pablo

Montevideo, Uruguay

South America

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:35 PM