SteadyState does not remove Exec from welcome screen RRS feed

• Question

• I've just switched from Shared Computer Toolkit to SteadyState 2.5 after a complete redo of the hard drive. I kept the same user names as before, which has SteadyState installed on "Exec" which is the admin account. SteadyState fails to remove the Exec profile when set to do so in Security Settings. The old Shared Computer Toolkit did so. While it's not a major problem, I'd rather not have the admin rights user name on the welcome screen. Are there any solutions?
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 10:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Gsml, you can check the option "Remove the Administrator user name from the Welcome screen" under "Set Computer Restriction" – restart the computerand see the result. If this option is already checked, you can uncheck, restart the computer and recheck it. This issue may occur if the restriction somehow did not change the registry entry or group policy accordingly. Most likely, we can resolve it by reconfigure the option in SteadyState. Also, you try the solution in the following thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssteadystate/thread/ba0fc863-a719-463b-9059-f9c61e4cb511

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:41 AM
    Friday, December 4, 2009 3:49 AM