boot failure windows 7 pro RRS feed

• Question

• copied and deleted my files from c drive so I could reload windows 7 pro desktop running slow tried everything only option I haven't tried. it will not boot starts saying running setup then error message incorrect shutdown will continue after restart ok this is a loop . a continual loop each time I press ok then  it starts again f8 it looking for reason I find \Knot wanted\Windows\system32\win loader.exe and below it status 0xc000000e the selected entry couldn't be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt .

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:04 PM

All replies

• Sounds like it is still trying to boot from the hard drive, which you deleted important files from.

Do you have the installation disc or a usb? You need to set your BIOS to boot from that first, install Windows fresh on the hard drive. Then it should boot fine.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:12 PM
  • Hi ,

Based on your description, your system components could be missing or corrupted. we could try to perform an in-place upgrade repair to refresh the machine. Refreshing the machine won`t affect the personal files. Make a Windows 7 installation media and boot from it, choose "upgrade" install.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 2:14 AM