SharePoint 2007 Color Coded Indicator Coding RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We got a request for making a change to our SharePoint site to make a visual representation of grades, and since our SharePoint Admin has changed jobs... I'm now trying to figure it out myself.

I was thinking of status indicators in a list, like a background-based color outputing the grade and if it's above a certain threshold (> 70%), show the grade and put green as the background. If it's less than a certain threshold (< 70%) show a red background, or the grade and a red background.

I was looking into multiple different websites (http://blog.pathtosharepoint.com/2008/09/01/apply-color-coding-to-your-sharepoint-lists/, for example) and I was looking at the code being Calculated Field Formulas, and am having issues understanding how to change some of this around.

Like, I see the following code, but don't know how to change it to do a IF GREATER THAN statement.

=”<DIV style=’font-size:12px; background-color:”&CHOOSE(RIGHT(LEFT(Priority,2),1),”red”,”orange”,”green”)&”;’>”&Priority&”</DIV>”

It seems they want something like this.

SharePoint List (Seems it doesn't want to format right on this website. Each of these pieces are their own columns. Not separate lines)

User Name Class List (Class 1, Class 2, etc..) Class 1 Grade (80%, Green Background) Class 2 Grade (55%, Red Background)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Edited by Geikeon Monday, June 15, 2015 1:46 PM Formatting
    Monday, June 15, 2015 1:43 PM

All replies

• Just bumping to see if I can get a bit of help.

Thank you.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:16 PM