ERROR MESSAGE RRS feed

• Question

• I consistently get an Error Message at start-up that reads as follows:  WINDOWS - DRIVE NOT READY (Title Bar).  In the main body of the message:  EXCEPTION PROCESSING MESSAGE c00000a3 PARAMETERS 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c.  This appears to be a nuisance Error Message and goes away if you hit the Cancel Button.  It will often come back again and again within a few seconds for up to three times.  One for each Drive installed perhaps?  After the third time it goes away and stays away as long as the Computer is up and running, but returns at the next Start-up.  This does not seem to affect any other Computer function.  I have three Hard Drives installed.  Two WD VelociRapters (no RAID), and one Samsung 1 TB.  Additional Computer Specs are:  Windows XP Professional running on VelociRaptor #1.  Asus P5E MOBO, 4 GB of Kingston HyperX RAM, an Intel 9450 PROC, OCZ 900 Watt PSU, and an Asus 4850 VC.

Please assist with possible information relative to getting rid of these Error Messages.

Thank you.

Vic

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:43 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Vic,

Thank you for posting.

Based on my experience, the issue mostly can be caused by a virtual drive or a floppy drive.

Could you please check if there is a virtual drive on your computer? And please disable floppy drive in BIOS if possible. Then, check the issue again.

Thanks.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:33 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Vic,

Thank you for posting.

Based on my experience, the issue mostly can be caused by a virtual drive or a floppy drive.

Could you please check if there is a virtual drive on your computer? And please disable floppy drive in BIOS if possible. Then, check the issue again.

Thanks.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:33 AM
  • Hi Robinson –

Thank you for the information.  I had disabled the Floppy Drive in one area of the BIOS, but I missed it in another.  I disabled that area also and the problem went away.  I appreciate your help and assistance!

Regards,

Vic

Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:13 PM
  • I am not sure if this is the same issue but i followed some simple steps and it got fixed.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 2:55 PM