Version History in SharePoint 2007 stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Since a couple of weeks the version history in our SharePoint installation stopped working. The strange thing about it is that we can still see the versioning records of a document: when selecting Version History from the ECB, we see all the versions. But, when we click on a version that isn't the last major version, we go to a page with metadata about that version, but without a link to the document. Normally, we should be able to click the "Name" field and then the document should open. But this hyperlink is gone: the name is present, but you can't click through.
    Next thing we did is checking whether the versions are actually present in the database. We found the different versions in the vti_bin (we can open the versions using the direct link (vti_bin/xxx)). So, the versions are successfully stored, but the link between the version overview in SharePoint and the files in the vti_bin folder is broken.

We checked every other possibility: access rights, document library versioning settings, ... but we can't seem to find a solution.

Could any of you guys help us out?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:21 AM

All replies

• Trekhaak,

Were you able to solve your issue? I'm running into a similar issue and can't find an answer. The only difference is when I click on a previous version I get an error message that says " Could not open 'url/filename' ".

Thanks,

Chester64

Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:57 PM