none
DPM 2012 and Storage RRS feed

• Question

• My DPM system is time for upgrade and I don't want to loose my old backups so I decided take backup of DPM Database 

I have 70 TB backup in on storage on 7 different storage system

If I do Fresh install and recover dpm database

How can configure about 7 storage system same as old storage pool?

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The disks in the DPM storage pool are Dynamic disks, so you just need to import them after the fresh install. After restoring the DPMDB, DPM will recognize the disks in the storage pool and continue to use them like before the upgrade.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The disks in the DPM storage pool are Dynamic disks, so you just need to import them after the fresh install. After restoring the DPMDB, DPM will recognize the disks in the storage pool and continue to use them like before the upgrade.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:16 PM
  • Thank you for reply I will do same 

what about tape drive?

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:00 PM
  • Hi,

The tape drive will most likely be see as a new device to DPM and worst case you need to modify the PG's to point to the new tape drive.  Tapes should still be recognized by the new install and should be able to be used for restores.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:30 PM