none
KB4284826 causing any issues after patch install on Windows 7 and 2008 R2 systems.

Question

• Team,

KB4284826 is installed on our multiple clients Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 systems and it is causing NIC Disconnection issue any major network issue for OEM. Can you please provide us assistance on this on priority?

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:06 PM

All replies

• You may need a driver update or reinstall the interface driver. Check the known issues in KB here.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4284826/windows-7-update-kb4284826

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:38 PM
  • Hi,

Just check the situation about your issue.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:10 AM
  • You call this an answer?  That was a waste of a few seconds of my life just reading that.
    Friday, June 15, 2018 8:14 PM
  • Any pattern to the devices this affects? I'm not seeing this on my test devices.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 5:10 PM
  • Is there any more information? What kinds of machines or configurations are more likely to experience the NIC issue?
    Tuesday, June 19, 2018 5:11 PM
  • I'd start a new thread detailing your issues. 

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 5:15 PM
  • We also have the same problem. After this update, the computer started rebooting right after internet connection is established. Unplugging the network plug, everything is fine. As soon as you plug the network connector back in, the computer reboots. 

We tried 2 new network cards, and a new PCI-E network card. All have exactly the same problem.

Upon uninstalling the update, everything works fine again.

Thursday, June 21, 2018 9:13 AM
  • Wow Microsoft. 

This needs to be retracted by MS TODAY. Or release a patch to fix this patch while not pooching up another patch or device CRITICAL to COMPUTING??? 

Only thing I can say is I never Approved this...thank god for that. Otherwise all branch office PC would go OFF LINE with no way for me to remote in a fix.

What a great way for the admin of a company to loose face and or be fired. (100 PC all go offline after patching)

Thanks again Microsoft for being so thoughtful.

Brilliant stuff we got going on here with MS. Absulty Brilliant. 

Next PC purchase.....Apple. Done!

Thursday, June 28, 2018 7:14 PM