none
UAG Cross-trunk-authentication and Internet Explorer problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

I setup cross-trunk-authentication for 2 trunks, trunk A and trunk B with trunkside authentication. When I use Chrome or Mozilla I browse to an application on trunk A. Trunk A asks me to authenticate and I login in. After that I open a new tab and browse to an application on trunk B. Thanks to the cross trunk authentication I'm directly logged in into trunk B, and I don't have to supply my credentials again.

When I use Internet Explorer this doesn't work. I log in into trunk A, open a new tab and browse to trunk B, and I have to authenticate again at trunk B.

-The FQDN of both trunks are in the same domain *.example.com, as required for this to work, I used http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee921441.aspx as reference and followed these steps.

My quetion is, why does it work in Chrome and Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer? Is this a known issue? Is there a (simple?) solution for this? Is this an IE security setting?

Help appreciated.

• Edited by Robin Gaal Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:51 AM clearified title
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:20 AM

All replies

• I just discovered IE doesn't handle cookies with domainnames like *.ab.de(which I'm using in this case), even in IE 8/9, which explains why cross trunk auth isn't working..

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:50 PM