none
Ms Project Online - odata feed returning Null values RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts,

We have recently migrated to Project online.

We have build a azure server and installed SQL for SSRS reporting and project dashboard.

Using OData we fetch the data from Project online to SQL for dashboard reporting and reports, however we are facing a issue where the custom field data is fetching NULL values from the ODATA connectivity.

The data is dispalyed on the PWA however when pulled to SQL using odata, NULL values are fetched.

Please help!..

Regards,

Rahul Palkar

rahulpalkar@hotmail.com

Rahul Palkar

Sunday, June 23, 2019 5:55 PM

Answers

• Thanks Paul, for your help

This has been resolved now.

Actually we used migrator tool for migrating from on-prem to projects online and i beleive some of the custom fields were corrupted during the migartions, hence the issue.

Regards,

Rahul Palkar

Rahul Palkar

Monday, July 8, 2019 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What about if you look at the same data in Excel or Power BI via the OData API? If these are still NULLs I'd recommend publishing a project that you think should have values then check the OData API again for that one project.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:15 PM
  • Thanks Paul,

We have checked the data using Excel and Power BI via ODATA api, however the results are the same.

Its still showing Null values for those fields.

Regards,

Rahul Palkar

Rahul Palkar

Monday, June 24, 2019 10:21 AM
  • Hello,

What does the data look like after you publish a project, does it appear Ok for that one project?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:11 PM
  • Thanks Paul, for your help

This has been resolved now.

Actually we used migrator tool for migrating from on-prem to projects online and i beleive some of the custom fields were corrupted during the migartions, hence the issue.

Regards,

Rahul Palkar

Rahul Palkar

Monday, July 8, 2019 11:21 AM