none
Protecting Offline CA RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Enterprise Root CA (CA01) and a Subordinate Issuing CA (CA02) which are protected by DPM 2012

Best practice is for the Enterprise Root CA (CA01) to be kept Offline.

DPM 2012 now errors due to the CA01 being uncontactable.

Is there a way to suspend the DPM Protection of CA01 (rather than remove the protection group)?

We will periodically bring CA01 online to be patched etc, and at this point I want to re-enable DPM to protect it again and then suspend the protection once CA01 is taken offline again.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Steve

Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

In Management\Agent tab, right-click on your protected computer (Root CA), then choose Disable protection.

Do same when you want to re-enable your protection => Choose Enable protection.

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

• Marked as answer by SteveT13 Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:42 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

In Management\Agent tab, right-click on your protected computer (Root CA), then choose Disable protection.

Do same when you want to re-enable your protection => Choose Enable protection.

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

• Marked as answer by SteveT13 Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:42 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:16 PM
  • Hi Stephane,

Thanks for the reply, so simple can't believe I didn't see that as I've been using DPM for several years now!

Cheers, Steve

Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:43 PM