Change automatic task status i task list in SharePoint (Office 365) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If I set the percentage to 100% in a task list it will automatically change the task status to "Completed", if I change the task status to any of the other status level after "New" and before "Completed" it will automatically change status to 50%.

To my task list I have added a task status: "For approval" as I want to keep the task status open until next meeting where the tasks will be approved to be closed.

How can I change the task status to change automatically to the added task status "For approval" if I set the percentage to 99%? Is this possible OTB or do I need to use SharePoint Designer?

Thanking you in advance!

All the best,

Merethe

Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Merethe,

From your description, you want to change Task status automatically when “%complete” is set to 99%.

Per my test, I cannot automatically change the default Task status even using a SharePoint Designer workflow.

As a workaround, I add another Choice column named “task status new”, add some choices like “not started”, “in progress”, “for approval” and “completed”.

Then I create a workflow in SharePoint Designer. I will update the “task status new” depending on “%complete”. For example:

When “%complete”=0, set it as “not started”.

When 0<“%complete”<=98, set it as “in progress”.

When “%complete”=99, set it as “for approval”.

When “%complete”=100, set it as “complete”.

Here is the screenshot of my workflow:

Best regards,

Aaren liu

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 22, 2016 9:10 AM