Problems copying and pasting while maintaining formatting RRS feed

• Question

• New user (three days) of Windows 7 Professional which came installed on a new desktop computer. I am a graphic designer and use Adobe CS 5.5 products as well as Word.

Everything was fine until yesterday (after installing Skype and a new wireless MS mouse and keyboard), when I began to have difficulty copying and pasting text within Adobe Illustrator. It soon became apparent it was a problem that affected all programs in my system.

If I copy and paste text between programs or within the same program it loses formatting when I paste. In Word, it either takes on the formatting of the nearest text, or if I copy Wingdings2 the pasted result is a line of dots. In Adobe products, the pasted text is the default font. All color, custom sizing, style changes and returns disappear.

Images and colored boxes seem to copy and paste fine, but not if I group them with a block of text. The text appears (without its format) but the images and boxes are lost.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited to specify that it's Windows 7 Professional 64

• Edited by adieu2 Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:06 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I assume the issue may be caused by a 3rd party module in Explorer. You may try to boot the computer in Clean Boot mode for a test first.

Also, since this issue involves a 3rd party application by Adobe and another Microsoft Product, you also may try to post at corresponding forums for help.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:39 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:26 AM