Driver Install Failing RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to push out a driver silently using dpinst. If I open up dpinst manually, it finds and installs the driver no problem. But if I run it silently, I get the following in the output:

INFO:   Option set: dumping log info to console.
    INFO:   Current working directory: 'C:\Users\test\Desktop\Crestron USB Drivers'
    INFO:   Running on path 'C:\Users\test\Desktop\Crestron USB Drivers'
    INFO:   No valid 'dpinst.xml' file provided.
    INFO:   Install option set: Running in quiet mode. Suppressing Wizard and OS popups.
    INFO:   Found driver package: 'C:\Users\test\Desktop\Crestron USB Drivers\CtrnWinUsb.inf'.
    INFO:   Preinstalling 'c:\users\test\desktop\crestron usb drivers\ctrnwinusb.inf' ...
    INFO:   ENTER:  DriverPackagePreinstallW
    INFO:   RETURN: DriverPackagePreinstallW  (0xE000022F)
    INFO:   Returning with code 0x80010000

I get the same issue on Windows 7 and Windows 10, both x64.

Dan Chandler-Klein

Thursday, September 1, 2016 7:41 PM

Answers

• Alright I figured it out. Well, the last guy here figured it out: http://www.itninja.com/question/disabling-would-you-like-to-install-this-device-software

The driver was signed but the cert was expired. So I had to install the driver manually on a test system. Then export the cert from the Trusted Publisher->Certificates store. Then in my script import the cert first using the command below. Hope someone finds this useful.

certutil -addstore "TrustedPublisher" cert_name.cer

Dan Chandler-Klein

• Proposed as answer by -Mr Happy- Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Friday, September 2, 2016 5:56 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:17 PM

All replies

• Alright I figured it out. Well, the last guy here figured it out: http://www.itninja.com/question/disabling-would-you-like-to-install-this-device-software

The driver was signed but the cert was expired. So I had to install the driver manually on a test system. Then export the cert from the Trusted Publisher->Certificates store. Then in my script import the cert first using the command below. Hope someone finds this useful.

certutil -addstore "TrustedPublisher" cert_name.cer

Dan Chandler-Klein

• Proposed as answer by -Mr Happy- Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Friday, September 2, 2016 5:56 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:17 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing your solution here. It would be benefit to other members who have the similar question.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 2, 2016 5:59 AM