none
exchange server 2013 mail send without exchange mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I have exchange server 2013 and running well.

I want to send mail without exchange mailbox.

examp: domain xzy.com and sender : abc@xzy.com but, abc is not my exchange mailbox user.

guide me how can I send it or any configuration. 

Thursday, November 28, 2019 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi

Why would you want to send without a mailbox? What is the purpose?

What about a DL with a transport rule?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:40 AM
  • we have SAP server, so SAP team want to send mail from SAP. and they need more different ID, so they can't open new id 
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:58 AM
  • https://help.sap.com/saphelp_pserv464/helpdata/en/aa/2e1028162a11d2a20100a0c943858e/content.htm?no_cache=true

this link is not provided by microsoft and is provided on an as is basis

Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:10 PM
  • Create a contact as abc@xzy.com in Exchange server.

Configure relaying mail from SAP server and grant permission.

1. Start the Exchange Management Console.
    2. Browse to Microsoft Exchange > Server Configuration > Hub Transport.
    3. Select the Hub Transport server through which you would like to allow another system to relay mail.
    4. From the Actions pane, choose New Receive Connector.
    5.  On the first page of the New SMTP Receive Connector wizard, type a name for the connector and choose the connector’s intended use. In this case, choose Custom
    6. Choose Next.

https://practical365.com/exchange-server/exchange-2013-configure-smtp-relay-connector/

https://blogs.sap.com/2013/09/17/configuring-sap-smtp-service/

Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:44 PM
  • Hi,

It sounds like your application/system want to relay email from Exchange server. Here are information about how to create a relay connector on Exchange server: Allow anonymous relay on Exchange servers 

Step 1: Create a dedicated Receive connector for anonymous relay

Step 2: Configure the permissions for anonymous relay on the dedicated Receive connector

About how do your application/system to use this connector to send email, you may need to confirm with your system's vendor.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:22 AM