Should I move from ME to Vista?? ME is better?? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have been running Windows ME for a long time now without any issues.  I'm now thinking about getting a new computer, but every one is telling me that Vista is as good as dead.  They say it has major issues and uses a lot of RAM to try to be more like the Macintosh, and I hate the Mac. 

Basicly every one is telling me to stick with Windows ME because it is better than Vista.  But I was told the same thing when I bought my computer with ME on it back in the day.

Any thoughts???

Friday, October 12, 2007 8:24 PM

All replies

• get vista since windows me is no longer getting security updates from Microsoft

or you could call dell they have a few pcs with windows xp you can get
    Friday, October 12, 2007 10:26 PM
  • Thanks,

I was thinking as long as I have an up to date firewall and anti virus on ME I should be fine.  But now none of the newer protection software supports ME..

XP on new hardware would probably rock.  It just amazes me how quickly my computer is running ME compared to the VISTA boxes I have checked out.  And the hardware today is light years ahead of my computer.

Friday, October 12, 2007 11:11 PM
  • well in general its harder now days to keep your pc secure even with firewall and antivrus if you want though you could wait few months vista sp1 will be released early next year
    Friday, October 12, 2007 11:35 PM
  •  

Thanks for info.  I hear that Windows 7 is already getting ready to roll out the door to replace Vista.  Maybe I can hold on to my Win ME box for one more year..
    Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:49 PM