none
Task Pane persists when selecting a single pane view RRS feed

• Question

• Once a combo view has been selected (details split view), the lower pane persists even when selecting a single pane view.  Even when selecting a custom single-pane view, the details pane persists.

Is there any way to override this behavior (short of unchecking the split view selection in the ribbon)?

Thanks!

Jerry

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 12:09 PM

Answers

• ShipSales --

No.  When you have a combination view applied, such as the Task Entry view where you see the Gantt Chart view in the top pane and the Task Form view in the bottom pane, you must CLOSE the bottom pane before applying any other single pane view.  There is no automatic way to force the software to close the bottom pane (or the top pane if you are using the Gantt with Timeline view) automatically when applying a single pane view.  I personally like to use the trick of right-clicking anywhere in the Gantt Chart pane and selecting either Show Split or Show Timeline on the shortcut menu to apply the two main combination views.  You reverse the steps to close the bottom pane as well.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by ShipSales Wednesday, July 1, 2015 1:48 PM
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 1:43 PM

All replies

• ShipSales --

No.  When you have a combination view applied, such as the Task Entry view where you see the Gantt Chart view in the top pane and the Task Form view in the bottom pane, you must CLOSE the bottom pane before applying any other single pane view.  There is no automatic way to force the software to close the bottom pane (or the top pane if you are using the Gantt with Timeline view) automatically when applying a single pane view.  I personally like to use the trick of right-clicking anywhere in the Gantt Chart pane and selecting either Show Split or Show Timeline on the shortcut menu to apply the two main combination views.  You reverse the steps to close the bottom pane as well.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by ShipSales Wednesday, July 1, 2015 1:48 PM
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 1:43 PM
  • Thanks Dale.  As I thought.

Jerry

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 1:53 PM