none
Project Server 2010 with non-english language pack - error in custom fields? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Project Server 2010 sp1 with latest hotfix from december 2011 and a Danish language pack. I have an issue with a custom field which use a lookup table. The configuration of the field does not allow multiple values to be selected, but in some way more than one value is selected. That means that a filter that use this custom field returns an error and then the Project Center view is broken. Here are the details:

Looking in Project Center we can see that the status of the project is "Igangværende" (Danish for ongoing):

<v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" filled="f" id="_x0000_t75" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" stroked="f"></v:shapetype>

<v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" filled="f" id="_x0000_t75" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" stroked="f">When looking at a project details page the project status is changed to "Igangværende, Igangværende":</v:shapetype>

<v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" filled="f" id="_x0000_t75" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" stroked="f"></v:shapetype>

<v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" filled="f" id="_x0000_t75" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" stroked="f">If I unselect the project status value, I'm still able to see the second "Igangværende" as project status when looking in the project details page. Any suggestions?</v:shapetype>

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hello there-

It should not eba problem with your language pack. here you have some idea of why your CF is selecting multiple value while you have set up the CF as single value. Did you try to set up the look up value for the CF in the following way-

Type is text.

Code Preview should be written as *

In Code Mask, in Sequence- put "Character", Length - Put "Any", Separator - put "." (ignore the inverted commas, write only Character, Any and .)

Now, if you dont want to keep any hirerchay in the look up values, do the below configuration:

Level should be 1 for all the values.

provide the values like A, B, C, etc. and then description.

If you do this configuration in the look up table for that CF, you should not be able to select multiple values against that custom field.

Lets try this out :)

Dev EPM Consultant

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:39 AM
  • Thanks for chiming in, but my customer has the exact same issue as Casper and it is NOT caused by an incorrect definition of the Enterprise Project Custom Field and used lookup table (it's set up exactly the way you described). And the language my customer is using is English, both on the Server 2010 and on the client 2007/2010.

Setup:

1. Project Server 2010 enu (in compatibility mode). Not SP1, but only October 2012 Critical Update (install of SP1 failed...)
    2. Project Professional 2007 enu
    3. Project Professional 2010 enu

Symptoms for 5 of the 13 projects stored on the server:

1. In Project Details in PWA, multiple values (up to 6!) are shown in a custom field (incorrect)
    2. In Project Professional, the same custom field in Project Information dialog only shows one value (correct)
    3. In Excel reports using the cube and Excel Services, the project with the 6 incorrect values is filtered out of the project list and the report is effectively wrong.

Things tried to alleviate the problem

1. Edit the enterprise project custom field in PWA project details -> didn't solve the problem
    2. Edit the enterprise project custom field in the Project Information dialog -> didn't solve the problem
    3. Take the file offline, make minor edit, save and synchronize back to the server -> didn't solve the problem

Hopefully the product team is monitoring this thread.

Cheers,

Bram

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:15 PM
  • Oh, another one.

Hello Bram,

what you see is a bug, and you're not alone. Microsoft was working on a hotfix last time I heard of it.

Have a look here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/projectserver2010general/thread/035bafd9-8b07-4e48-a865-80b2cc2f4c43 

and here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/a4ae3e92-6327-44bf-8342-48205b7860de/

Livia

• Proposed as answer by Bram de Vries Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:58 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:11 AM
  • thanks!
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:58 AM