none
R CMD BATCH doesn't support MLK ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have an R script called markov_fit.r. Before I installed MLK, it took 90+ seconds to run the script on the command line by R CMD BATCH markov_fit.r (according to the proc time in Rout file). After I had installed MLK, when I did a source('markov_fit.r') in the interactive R shell, it took just a few seconds to finish the execution, but when I rank R CMD BATCH markov_fit.r on Linux shell, it took 80+ seconds (according to the proc time in Rout file). It seems to me R CMD BATCH doesn't support MLK ? How could I use MLK on Linux shell ?

Best Regards,

Hao Wang

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 3:21 AM

All replies

• I am not sure why this would be happening - in general running 'R CMD BATCH' runs R scripts the same way as when you run in an interactive shell. It may be that the version of 'R' you are invoking via batch mode is different from the version you invoked interactively? I would check in interactive shell with 'R.home()' and compare that with the output from the command 'R RHOME' run from Linux shell to verify that you are indeed running the same version of R in both cases. It may be that when you run interactively you are running a version of R with MKL and when running via batch mode you are not?

Stephen Weller

Microsoft R Product Team 

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 4:09 PM