Windows 8.1 Enterprise Compatibility Check Tool for Windows 10 Enterprise ? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a compatibility check tool for Windows 8.1 Enterprise to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise?   I tried running the compatibility check tool on a Win8.1 Enterprise PC, and the Windows webs site redirected me to a generic Windows Enterprise web site.

I just want to run the compatibility check tool to see if my Win 8.1 Enterprise computers will have problems with the upgrade.

Sunday, February 21, 2016 2:46 PM

Answers

• If you run Windows 10 installation file, it will check for the compatibility and notify you if there is any issue.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by rpj75 Sunday, February 28, 2016 7:41 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2016 4:47 PM

All replies

• If you run Windows 10 installation file, it will check for the compatibility and notify you if there is any issue.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by rpj75 Sunday, February 28, 2016 7:41 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2016 4:47 PM
  • Hi rpj75,

What is your current situation?

Just as told by Cyber_Defend_Team, if you are running Windows 10 install Media, it will first check the compatibility.

For the other compatibility tools, I didn't noticed recently.

There is upgrade assistant available for upgrading to Windows 8.1, and upgrade report for non-enterprise users regarding Windows 10:

Upgrade Assistant: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-sg/windows-8/upgrade-assistant-download-online-faq

Compatibility report for Windows 10: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-sg/windows-10/compatibility-report-windows-10

If you need any further help regarding this topic, please post back.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:57 AM