CcmRegisterComponentsRollback while up grading SCCM client with Current Branch 1602 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have upgrade CM from 2012 to Current Branch 1602, similarly upgrade the client. We are facing errors with client up gradation. 

In console it is showing no client, while checking the logs of work station it is showing "CcmSetup is exiting with return code 0".

Erros in log is "CcmRegisterComponentsRollback. In the event of a failed installation, this action rolls back the changes from CcmRegisterComponents."

Please suggest the solution if any one have.

umesh.chauhan@bassindia.com

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:30 AM

Answers

• I have checked with reinstall the Client for machines. it is working fine. Issue has been resolved. 
    Monday, August 29, 2016 4:53 AM

All replies

• I don't know where you pulled that line from, but just because a log line has the word error or in this case "failed" in it does not mean an error occurred. As you noted, if ccmsetup existed with return code 0, then the client agent installed successfully.

However, just because the client agent is installed does not mean that it can successfully communicate back to the site or that agent is even running. You need to review (that means actually reading and not just looking for errors) some additional log files; I'd start with clientidstartupmanager.log, clientlocation.log, and locationservices.log.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:31 PM
  • Dear Sir,

If I'm not mistaken, you may get the messages from client.msi.log in \ccmsetup\logs\ folder, see below log information on my clients:

Just like Jason explained: this is highlighted in red only because there is a word 'failed' in the line. Definitely it's not an error message, just an information.

You need to troubleshoot according to logs Jason pointed out to dig out the root cause.

Best regards

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:21 AM
  • That line starts with "Property(S)" so you can completely ignore that. It's just a msi property *listing* and has nothing to do with success/warning/failure at all.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:16 AM
  • hi Jason,

Thank you for the suggestion.We have recently upgraded the SCCM client with Current Branch 1602. As i have checked in the logs on the machines of ccmsetup. it is showing the client is installed but in the CM console it is showing the no client. 

Please suggest how can i installed the client?

You can directly reach me on umesh.chauhan@bassindia.com.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:07 AM
  • Exactly as I've noted above: check the log files I called out.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:11 PM
  • I have checked with reinstall the Client for machines. it is working fine. Issue has been resolved. 
    Monday, August 29, 2016 4:53 AM