problem with windows 7 ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

After removing a OS selector program with a system restore tot a point before installing it, I get a black screen with the message "non system disk, press any key", everytime when I start my pc. After pressing a key  windows 7(ultimate) starts up, and my pc seems to work without any problem.

I am not an expert in computing, but hope that someone can tell me what the problem is, and help to solve this problem.

Regards.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:08 PM Moved to more appropriate forum (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:55 PM

All replies

• Firstly, do a quick check of the BIOS.  Make sure that the BIOS is booting from the correct disk.

If that isn't the issue, I would suggest popping your Windows 7 installation disk in, and doing a startup repair.

Let me know if either of those work.

Cheers

Mike

Mike Oke MCTS, MCITP (Windows 7)

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:24 PM
  • Any joy?

Mike Oke MCTS, MCITP (Windows 7)

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:09 PM
  • The problem is the boot order,,,no system disk,press any key..Then ,,when you press nothing..You have done to load the start up repair but the best way is to change the bios setup ,,put it in a default settings then save then restart. The system will load the default disk wich is your operating system installed.

just give me feedback if it is helpful!!

Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:22 PM