Biztalk monitoring RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello.

We are trying to monitoring our Biztalk talk environment with SCOM.  We have The BizTalk Server 2006 Monitoring management pack, version 6.0.6278.16 installed.

Everything looks good...the packed imported successfully and so on. However, from the "monitoring" view, under "BizTalk Server 2006" and then under "core", my application state view shows all of my applications to be "not monitored".

Any suggestions on how I can get these monitored?  Thanks in advance.

Friday, May 2, 2008 4:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please ensure you have enabled the biztalk server agent property “Allow this agent to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers.” under administration->agent managed.

BTW, This forum is for SCE related issues. For more questions about System Center Operations Manager 2007, please use the Microsoft public newsgroups for SCOM (microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup) which would be the most relevant newsgroup for your question.

microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup

Hope this helps.

Monday, May 5, 2008 9:08 AM

All replies

• I've done a little more research.  I have the "run as" profile setup for the discovery rules, and that account is in the local admin group.

I am getting the following event in the event log on the server running the agent.

It seems I can run the script manually...without issue.

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Health Service Modules
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 21406
    Date:  5/2/2008
    Time:  1:54:02 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: servername
    Description:
    The process started at 1:53:26 PM failed to create System.Discovery.Data. Errors found in output:

C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 2\6151\Microsoft.BizTalk.Library.OtherRelationShips.Discovery.vbs(1462, 9) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object required: 'ObjSourceSQLXML'

Command executed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "Microsoft.BizTalk.Library.OtherRelationShips.Discovery.vbs" {9E67A1FA-835D-772E-3701-F95C66BB9628} {03E9AD1F-4410-0084-B993-FB5E94C5FA1C} servername.domain.net "serverSendHost" 5
    Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 2\6151\

One or more workflows were affected by this. 

Workflow name: Microsoft.BizTalk.Library.ReceiveLocationReferencesAdapter.Discovery
    Instance name: serverSendHost..
    Instance ID: {03E9AD1F-4410-0084-B993-FB5E94C5FA1C}
    Management group: opsMgrTest

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Friday, May 2, 2008 8:09 PM
  • Hi,

Please ensure you have enabled the biztalk server agent property “Allow this agent to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers.” under administration->agent managed.

BTW, This forum is for SCE related issues. For more questions about System Center Operations Manager 2007, please use the Microsoft public newsgroups for SCOM (microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup) which would be the most relevant newsgroup for your question.

microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup

Hope this helps.

Monday, May 5, 2008 9:08 AM