Opening additional shared calendar in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have created a new calendar (In Outlook -> Add calendar -> Create New Blank Calendar) under my email account main calendar and shared this to users in our organization.

In Outlook for Android app, user could open this calendar just by clicking the link in the invite email and it shows in Outlook app just fine.

But how to open this calendar in Outlook desktop? In the email, there is no link to open the calendar??

How do I open this additional shared calendar in Outlook? We have latest Microsoft 365 Business Office.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How do you share this calendar? By right-clicking the calendar > Properties > Permissions?

I tested in my environment, please make sure you meet the following two conditions:

1. Where do you create the calendar? You need to grant the users the permission of the main folder (Can view all details). Because this calendar is the subfolder of main folder.
    2. When I shared this calendar, users will receive a email just like below:

Then them need to click "Accept" and the claendar will be disaplayed in their calendar list.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by IKFI Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:42 AM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How do you share this calendar? By right-clicking the calendar > Properties > Permissions?

I tested in my environment, please make sure you meet the following two conditions:

1. Where do you create the calendar? You need to grant the users the permission of the main folder (Can view all details). Because this calendar is the subfolder of main folder.
    2. When I shared this calendar, users will receive a email just like below:

Then them need to click "Accept" and the claendar will be disaplayed in their calendar list.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by IKFI Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:42 AM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:47 AM
  • Hi

I shared this calendar by right-clicking > Properties > Permissions.

I haven't shared my main calendar and this shared sub calendar shows up fine in Outlook Android App. Hence, it should show up in Outlook Desktop also.

User, who I shared this calendar with, did click "Accept" in the email that she got, and when she clicked "Accept" in Outlook Android App, it did bring this shared calendar to her calendar list in Outlook Android App but in Outlook Desktop, clicking "Accept", does nothing.

• Edited by IKFI Wednesday, February 26, 2020 7:59 AM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply:)

>>I haven't shared my main calendar and this shared sub calendar shows up fine in Outlook Android App. Hence, it should show up in Outlook Desktop also.

In Outlook desktop client, you need to share your main calendar too, Outlook mobile app and Outlook desktop client are very different.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:32 AM
  • right.. its nice that everything works the same? in every app...
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:41 AM