SharePoint 2007/Office Integration RRS feed

• Question

• We have some users who cannot open or edit Office documents on a SharePoint 2007 site.  They get a generic "Unable to Connect to the Webserver" error from Word or whichever Office application they use.  I got a Fiddler trace from one of them and it shows that they get directed to the UAG login page again when this happens.  At some point they end up at the Mobile Access Portal login page.  Any ideas on what would cause that?

Thanks,
    Ken 

Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:31 PM

Answers

• Another piece of information.  The cookie doesn't get set because sharepoint.asp never runs.  It looks like in the appwrap that UAG looks for //insertsp and then replaces that with the call to run sharepoint.asp.  Where does //insertsp come from?  I just wonder if there is something about the way this site is layed out that would prevent it from working.  In IAG the appwrap used to look for the //end in whlsp2007.js to make sharepoint.asp work. 

Thanks,
    Ken

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:42 PM
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 4:36 PM

All replies

• How did you publish SharePoint?
    Friday, October 1, 2010 12:14 PM
  • It is published under a portal trunk as a SharePoint 2007 application.

The interesting thing is some clients work fine and others do not.  Even some with the same Office and OS versions do not work the same way.  We do not have the "Allow rich clients to bypass trunk authentication" box checked because the clients just open and edit documents from the browser.

Thanks,
    Ken

Friday, October 1, 2010 2:39 PM
  • Are you running Office 2007 SP2 or later?
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk
    Friday, October 1, 2010 3:26 PM
  • Yes.

Monday, October 4, 2010 10:52 AM
  • i think the issue is that the machines don't have the NLSessionStrunknamePersistForOffice cookie set, but I'm not sure what would cause that.

Thanks,
    Ken

Monday, October 4, 2010 3:36 PM
  • Another piece of information.  The cookie doesn't get set because sharepoint.asp never runs.  It looks like in the appwrap that UAG looks for //insertsp and then replaces that with the call to run sharepoint.asp.  Where does //insertsp come from?  I just wonder if there is something about the way this site is layed out that would prevent it from working.  In IAG the appwrap used to look for the //end in whlsp2007.js to make sharepoint.asp work. 

Thanks,
    Ken

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:42 PM
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 4:36 PM