Forefront Client Security is failing RRS feed

• Question

• We have MS forfront client security rolled out to our entire enviornment. 300+ pcs.  We have an enterprise agreement as well.  My problem is that MS Forefront has failed to stop the "Antivirus Pro 2009" virus from infecting 7 (over the last year) of our computers.  All the definitions are up to date and have been.  Why is it failing?  What am I missing?  What can I do to prevent this virus?

Thanks,

Scott W.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:03 PM

Answers

• Otherwise try a full scan (with the last FCS definition) in safe mode, if you will not see a positive result so submit file to MS or make a call to its support.
    • Proposed as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Saturday, August 14, 2010 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need an assistance from Microsoft Support, so I suggest you make a call to CSS and note also that you can submit file to Microsoft, they will do the best to solve this problem https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Submission/Submit.aspx

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:48 PM
  • Really?  ok...  quick question though.  We dont have scheduled full scans enabled only "quick scans" as well as "real time".  Also we are not doing  the security state assesments.  Could that cause some issues?
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:12 PM
  • Otherwise try a full scan (with the last FCS definition) in safe mode, if you will not see a positive result so submit file to MS or make a call to its support.
    • Proposed as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Saturday, August 14, 2010 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:27 PM