none
Powershell commands do not work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to get MDT 2013 Update 1 up and running via Microsoft's own documentation, and I can't even start.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/mt297533.aspx

Most of the powershell commands aren't working. They just spit out cryptic errors that of little or no use. One particular error is when I am trying to import applications with powershell.

$ApplicationName = "Install - Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 - x86" $CommandLine = "vcredist_x86.exe /Q" $ApplicationSourcePath = "E:\Downloads\VC++2005SP1x86" Import-MDTApplication -Path "DS001:\Applications\Microsoft" -Enable "True" -Name $ApplicationName -ShortName $ApplicationName -Commandline $Commandline -WorkingDirectory ".\Applications\$ApplicationName" -ApplicationSourcePath $ApplicationSourcePath -DestinationFolder $ApplicationName -Verbose

I run these commands one at a time, one per line.

The error is: Import-MDTApplication : Cannot bind parameter 'Path' to the target. Exception setting "Path": "Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\system32\DS001\Applications\Microsoft' because it does not exist."

Googling the error comes up with nothing. The command to create a drive for powershell did work (surprisingly)

New-PSDrive -Name "DS001" -PSProvider MDTProvider -Root "D:\MDTBuildLab"

The path "C:\Windows\System32\DS001\Applications\Microsoft" does not exist on the file system. Should it? There were no instructions to create it at all.

I know zero about powershell, except that it is very difficult to use. I'm just trying to get this set up the way Microsoft suggests. I could create all of these applications manually in the GUI in about 15 minutes. What could be wrong with my (Microsoft's) syntax?

Thanks

Jason

Friday, September 4, 2015 2:32 PM

All replies

• I took a break and went to lunch. When I cam back it started working. Why? I am not sure, but I'm obviously doing something different. For anyone that comes looking for this type of content, just copy/paste the content from the web-page instead of entering the commands manually.

Jason

Friday, September 4, 2015 7:21 PM