none
"Freaky-Deaky" MS Project Online. Project Center, My Tasks, Approvals RRS feed

• Question

Greetings. My client, a legal firm, has worked with me to develop a solution utilizing o365/Sharepoint/MS Project Online. It is a pretty simple OOTB configuration; utilizing SharePoint Permissions Mode. Solution was tested and surpassed expectation, especially after we activated the minimal download strategy and ensured we do periodic client cache clean-ups of both browser and desktop project pro. Then, this week, it appears, there are all sorts of disconnects within PWA tasks, projects and approvals. We even utilize the "Everyone except external users" Security Group for both SharePoint and PWA. Yet, team-members can no longer see their projects and tasks! And, Approvals are non-existent. This happened, all-of-a-sudden and I am very perplexed as to why things: STOPPED WORKING? Troubleshooting and root cause determination have proved challenging. I'm spent. I have been doing this too long ... Microsoft is at risk of losing a good o365 tenant. Any Ideas?

Please don't hesitate to call me direct if you would like to collaborate or screen-share. I know MS Project and SharePoint quite well and would be able to show you exactly what I am dealing with ...

• Edited by genevieve66 Friday, November 6, 2015 1:57 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 1:17 AM

Answers

• Hi, We (volunteers) are unable to provide professional help such as screen sharing, but because this is O365 then it is really easy to raise a support call with Microsoft, and this is what I would do in the 1st instance.  In my experience they are usually very helpful :)

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Marked as answer by genevieve66 Monday, November 9, 2015 10:20 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi, We (volunteers) are unable to provide professional help such as screen sharing, but because this is O365 then it is really easy to raise a support call with Microsoft, and this is what I would do in the 1st instance.  In my experience they are usually very helpful :)

• Marked as answer by genevieve66 Monday, November 9, 2015 10:20 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 3:54 PM
  • '***

Ben ...

Sir.  You are correct.  The boys at Microsoft Mumbai are quite aiming to please.  Long story short, it appears that changing primary and secondary e-mail accounts in the AD profile causes one to lose PWA relationships.  A little puzzling really.  You would think PWA would relate by GUIDs, not e-mail addresses???  Microsoft has been pretty good, thus far.  I have reminded Microsoft that it would be a bad idea to have this client lose all resource assignments.   How was my client to know?  Ideally, Microsoft is gonna tweak the back-end?

Small Law Firm.  No change control. 

Thanks Ben.

'***

~CR

Monday, November 9, 2015 10:20 PM
  • Hi CR,

We all learn something everyday, and thank you for sharing your answer so others may benefit.  One would have expected GUIDs, but I'm old enough to know that the unexpected is often reality!

Monday, November 9, 2015 10:38 PM