Silent install of demo software RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to automate the setup of lab computers for a conference. When doing this manually we would install in demo mode, but given that I am one person setting up 40 machines with a very short window to do so, I would like to automate the process. My question is, is there a way to automate Office 2013 in demo mode? I have the demo download, but when I use the /admin flag with setup.exe I get an error that components are missing, which has me worried that Microsoft has gimped the demo download. Given that the download is for IT professionals this seems unlikely however, as testing deployment scenarios would be exactly the kind of thing we need the demo for. So hopefully I am missing something new and obvious.

Additionally, we often get machines from the local vendor with a mix of OSs, and given that the labs are already time constrained to cover the lab topic, supporting OS training is not an option, so I would like to be able to also install Windows 7 in demo mode, at least until Windows 10 arrives and allows for a newer OS without so much need for remedial training before it can be used. The last time I did silent installs of an OS was Windows XP, so any direction to some more recent resources on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, April 6, 2015 11:34 AM