4 important updates wont install, says it needs to install software for something that does'nt exist on the computer, everything is just slow and doesnt work half the time RRS feed

• Question

• My windows vista computer wont install these updates, before it wouldn't install 3 of them i thought it was just the updates that were broken. But now 4 wont install, I'm not sure if its the updates or my computer or update down loader. When i found a windows updater to download and install on the Microsoft website, it downloaded but wouldn't install because it said i didn't have have enough space on my computer, but i have enough space. They just simply wont install no matter what i do. I tried installing the updates with my computer running and with it installing were i cant use the computer and it says it needs to install the updates then it will shut off. They just simply wont install no matter what i do.

updates that wont install:

security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 (KB982124)

Update type: Important

A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability.

Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB969559)

A security vulnerability exists in the 2007 Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves the vulnerability so that the 2007 Microsoft Office System documents are handled appropriately.

Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB974234)

This update resolves a problem that can cause programs that use the Outlook View Control with Forms 2.0, such as Microsoft Office Outlook with Business Contact Manager, to stop functioning as expected after Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB972363) is installed.

Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB976321)

A security vulnerability exists in the 2007 Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability.

(my computer is just slow it has no viruses but it lags all the time like right now as i'm typing if i find a mistake a few letters back, i have to hold down the backspace button and wait for it to erase the letters and when i do it lags and say it its only 3 spaces back it lags and delets like 8 spaces because it lags horribly all the time. Also when i start up the task manager its using 100% processing power all the time, and nothing is obviously using any and another big thing is that it says i need to install software for my compact flash hardware or something like that every time i start up the computer and it asks like 4 - 5 times there is no flash compact i have no idea what its talking about it sayes it needs software for something that does'nt exist.

Three things pop up when I start up the computer they just say it needs to install a flash compact or something like that but one of them says:

Windows needs to install driver software for your SM/xD/MMC/MS

There is nothing on my computer that has anything to do with that because every time i try to install it, it fails to install. I dont even know why it pops up these things just started poping up for no reason. Certain drives or software wont install on the computer, i dont know why.

My computer is at 100% processing power all the time and its just slow its not doing anything but something is making it slow i can barely write this before I wrote this I had a whole paragraph wrote out about whats happening then i made a mistake, then backspaced and it took me a page back i lost all my progress! its just slow for no reason i want to know whats happening right now! something that i don't want on my computer is taking processing power i want it off right now.

• Edited by quittix3 Thursday, July 1, 2010 3:40 PM my computer is a slow piece of garbage for no reason
    Monday, June 28, 2010 1:34 AM