PerformancePoint 2007 Named Data Set not appeared in 'PivotChart' report? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have SSAS 2008 cube and PPS 2007 (3.0.4417.00)

In Dashboard Designer, I create new 'PivotChart' report (for pie chart) and connect to my cube. I already created few "Named Set" in my cube like i.e. [Last 3 Months] in Date dimension. However I can not see named data set in 'PivotChart' chart field list when I do drag-and-drop.

Why I can't see 'Named Data Set' in 'PivotChart' or 'PivotTable' report (Named set works fine for 'Analytic Chart' report)? Please any solution or clue. Thanks....
    Friday, February 18, 2011 4:13 AM

Answers

• I am thinking that named sets are not supported at all in this like they are not in Excel 2003.  The other thing is that named sets will only display if they are from a single hierarchy.

If you need to use a PivotChart or PivotTable over the Analytical report options I would recommend using Excel Services and going with Excel 2007 or higher to display your reports.

I am sure you might already know this, but PivotChart and PivotTable are deprecated features and are no longer an option in PPS 2010, so it would be best to find an alternate solution now since there will be no migration path.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, February 18, 2011 12:05 PM