Scope Timeout Not firing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have an Scope shape with Transaction type property set to Long running. I have set the timeout property as New System.Timespan(0,0,0,2).Also, I have attached exception blocks with System.TimeoutException and System.Exception.
    Now, My scope shape is making a call to another orcheststration using call shape. Wheneever, I make a call to main orchestration, Scope should timeout, It does nothing and hangs.
    On the response failure, when I look at orchestration instance, biztalk shows instance as active.
    I can't understand that why Timeout exception is not firing up and also, what is making the orchestration instance just hang!!

Thank you in advance.
    Shady
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think we cannot put timeout if we are making a call to other orchestration. I put the timeout directly on sub orch. nd it worked.

Thanks for the responses.
    Shady
    • Marked as answer by Raminder Thursday, October 8, 2009 12:48 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 12:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Set the Timeout property at orchestration level also. Do the following things to set the Orchestration timeout:

1.Click on your orchestration and go to properties
    2. Set the following properties as
       TransactionType = Long Running
        TimeOut = as per your scenario

Regards,
    Abhijit

Abhijit Mahato Please "Mark as Answer" if Post has Answered the Question
    • Proposed as answer by RahulBizTalk Friday, October 23, 2009 1:22 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:44 AM
  • Hi,

I think we cannot put timeout if we are making a call to other orchestration. I put the timeout directly on sub orch. nd it worked.

Thanks for the responses.
    Shady
    • Marked as answer by Raminder Thursday, October 8, 2009 12:48 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 12:48 PM