How to set the thumbnail generator for the explorer with icon view RRS feed

• Question

• I use Windows 7 and folder containing the video files I use the following view in explorer:

Explorer >> Change view -> Large icon view. I see the sample picture (snapshot) from the video.

The problem is that the icon picture will be prepared the begining of the video. I have a lot of home made films in same folder, and all films contains the same intro. The intro length is 60 seconds, so in the icon view the same image (snapshot) displayed as thumnails.

How can I change the snapshot preparing time in the registry (later time, for example change to 180 sec)

Thanks, diarlaa

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:44 AM

Answers

• Problem solved! I changed the thumbnail cache provider with Icaros (see on videohelp website).
    • Proposed as answer by Vincent Wang-MCSC Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 24, 2012 8:34 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:44 PM

All replies

• Problem solved! I changed the thumbnail cache provider with Icaros (see on videohelp website).
    • Proposed as answer by Vincent Wang-MCSC Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 24, 2012 8:34 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:44 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear the issue has been solved. Thanks for sharing. We really appreciate your time and efforts. Hope your experience will help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:49 AM