Email in Sent Items no longer appearing in conversation thread RRS feed

• Question

• Recently (Nov 2017), my outlook 2013 on Windows 7 stopped properly including items in the Sent Items folder as part of the associated conversation thread in my inbox.

In other words, I will have a conversation thread in the my inbox and when I reply to the latest email in the thread, my email I just sent will NOT appear in the conversation thread in the inbox. 

Unfortunately, this is an intermittent problem, as at times, my response will appear as part of the conversation thread but then disappear shortly thereafter. I have not figured out what triggers the problem, but I would say 99% of the time, my sent emails do NOT appear as part of the conversation thread. This is a recent issue, as this working fine just a while back. I'm guessing it may be related to a windows update, which are super-frequent these days.

I've re-index things, repaired the .pst, checked conversation on/off--all the obvious stuff you can try in outlook. No luck. Searching the internet also reveals nothing.

This a really annoying bug, as a email client without the ability to track conversations threads is essentially useless.

Any help is much appreciated. 

Friday, December 1, 2017 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s your Outlook Version? Please provide us with the detailed information about this (e.g. 2016 MSO (16.0.8067.2115) 32-bit).  

First, please make sure the option “Show Messages from Other Folders” is ticked. If it is already selected, please unchecked and re-checked and then see if issue persists. Also, tick the “Always Expand Selected Conversation” option.

Any updates, please post back at ease.

Regards,

Perry Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, December 4, 2017 9:07 AM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Perry, the version is 2013 (15.0.4981.1000), 32-bit and it tells me I'm up-to-date.

I've tried all the obvious things--like Show Messages from Other Folders. I've compacted the my Outlook.pst, which is rather large (1.889KB), I've rebuilt the index, etc...

Any help is much appreciated.

Monday, December 4, 2017 3:29 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

>> I'm guessing it may be related to a windows update, which are super-frequent these days.

Could you please collect the detailed build number of your Windows system then we can do further research on this?

What’s more, you can also try creating a new outlook profile and then check if it behaves normally.

Any updates, please tell me.

Regard,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, December 6, 2017 8:31 AM
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 8:31 AM