App Controller Portal Published on Internet RRS feed

• Question

• While accessing the app controller portal from internet keeps on throwing the following error.

Category: Critical
    Description: [Arg_SecurityException]
    Arguments:
    Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.1.10111.0&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_SecurityException
    Details:    at System.Net.Browser.ClientHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.Browser.ClientHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClass5.<EndGetResponse>b__4(Object sendState)
       at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<BeginOnUI>b__1(Object sendState)

Any idea

Regards

Friday, April 13, 2012 4:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Richard , 

We have tried earlier creating crossdomain and access policy at the app controller portal root however it still not worked. Yes we are publishing it via remote desktop for now however , is this means that we can not publish app controller portal over the internet. As I am sure that one would like have it as a site over the internet.

Regards 

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:33 AM

All replies

• Monday, April 16, 2012 3:27 PM
  • Silverlight apps follow strict requirements when publishing across domains. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197955(v=VS.95).aspx

If you want to expose App Controller to be Internet facing I would recommend publish IE via a remote desktop web app. This will give access to the internal name space and allow access via a web URL. This will also allow the console connection functionality to work.

Thanks

Richard

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 16, 2012 5:32 PM
  • Hi Richard , 

We have tried earlier creating crossdomain and access policy at the app controller portal root however it still not worked. Yes we are publishing it via remote desktop for now however , is this means that we can not publish app controller portal over the internet. As I am sure that one would like have it as a site over the internet.

Regards 

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:33 AM