How to establish connection between two different IP Range RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Currently in my office  there are two different ip range that we are using one for the Wi-FI(192.168.1.X) & 2nd  for local machine & servers 192.168.2.x series ip.

In current situation if any Wi-Fi user(Laptop User) wants to communicate with local machine or server then he has to switch from Wi-Fi to Lan.

So is there any way to provide communication between Wi-Fi & local network.

if this happen then there will be no need to switch from Wi-Fi to Lan, Wi-Fi user who has ip range 192.168.1.x is easily communicate with local machine & server(192.168.2.x).  

Shailendra Vishwakarma

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Shailendra,

In your office any firewall device is using? If it is using, we need to permit that ip(192.168.1.x) range to the local network (192.168.2.x). Otherwise for the place of wifi router, you can use wifi access point. So the ip range will be the same and no need to switch from wifi to local network for interconnecting the network.

FAISAL CHANDRATHIL ABDUKUNJU

Monday, March 24, 2014 6:51 AM
  • Thanx for the reply..

In my office i am using Microsoft Thread management Gateway(Software Firewall).

Can i set Security like as below,

Users can connect Wi-fi Network but they would not able to access  internet but  they should be able to access for local network & for the internet they should go via Microsoft Thread management Gateway.

Thanks,

Shailendra Vishwakarma

Monday, March 24, 2014 2:59 PM