none
SFB 2015 Can not Install Audio Video Conferencing . RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I upgrade Lync 2013 to SFB 2015 and everythng is OK. after 1 year I decide to run Audio Video Conferencing and in my Standard Topology select Conferencing. after that run Setup or Remove for Business Server Components and this message apear: Error returned while installing OcsMcu.msi(ASMCU, AVMCU), code 1603. Error Message: A fatal error occurred during installation.

I do not have problem to install other feature such as Enterprise Voice. Also during Publish topology I have this Warning: 

Warning: Unable to check the security for the Deleted Objects container. Only users who are listed as owners on the Deleted Objects security descriptor are able to check the security on this container.

I run 2 Commands : 1-Get-csaddomain & 2-Get-csadforest and both of them are _State_Ready.

• Edited by Mehdi Daneshfar Sunday, November 3, 2019 8:51 AM Typographical mistakes
    Sunday, November 3, 2019 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Mehdi Daneshfar,

In my research, I suggest you check the version of OcsMcu.msi.

There are three methods to check what version of Skype for Business server components are installed.

1.PoweShell

2.Run the SkypeforBusinessUpdateInstaller.exe tool

3.Check Windows “Programs and Features”

For more details, please refer to Three Ways to Determine What Version of Lync Server Components are Installed.

In my test, I use SkypeforBusinessUpdateInstaller.exe tool to check the version.

Before do the check, you need to stop all the services in your Skype for Business server. The command is Stop-CsWindowsService.

If the OcsMcu.msi version is not the latest one, please update it.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 4, 2019 3:04 AM
  • Hi sharon_zhao . I install lastest CU and Remove Conference server from  Programs and Features then restart server  and The problem was solved. thanks for your reply.
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:50 PM
  • Hi Mehdi Daneshfar,

I'm glad to see that.

Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 1:23 AM
  • Hi Mehdi Daneshfar, 

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Monday, November 11, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post. This will make answer searching in the forum easier.

<Issue Symptom>:

Skype for Business server 2015 cannot install Audio/Video conferencing with the following error message:

Error: Error returned while installing OcsMcu.msi(ASMCU, AVMCU), code 1603. Error Message: A fatal error occurred during installation.

Warning: Unable to check the security for the Deleted Objects container. Only users who are listed as owners on the Deleted Objects security descriptor are able to check the security on this container.

<(Possible) Cause>:

It may be related to the version of Skype for Business components.

<Solution>:

Installing the latest CU and remove Audio/Video Conferencing server from Programs and Features.

Then rebooting the server.

<Reference Links>:

http://howdouc.blogspot.com/2012/04/three-ways-to-determine-what-version-of.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:30 AM