Notifications Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have two issues with notifications. One is that I have a notification to alert the user when their service request has been completed. I have modified this to exclude one group (via support group and via area). Then I have created a new notification to alerts users of one specific group when their service request has been completed. This one includes that specific support group and area. 

When I test this second notification, the user gets two completion emails, one from each configured notification. I can't figure out what's wrong. 

The second issue is that when I modify a notification, it triggers emails for all service requests, even for older ones. Not sure why.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Mike Maggio

GDIT

Mike Maggio

Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:13 PM

Answers

• Maybe this blog post is helpful: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2010/11/30/using-andor-criteria-in-workflow-and-notification-subscriptions/

Andreas Baumgarten

Monday, May 21, 2018 6:25 PM

All replies

• It would be helpful to have a look on your configuration of the Criteria. Could you post screenshots of the config please?

Andreas Baumgarten

Friday, May 11, 2018 8:24 AM

• Mike Maggio

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:18 PM
  • Hi Andrea:

Have you had a chance to review the screenshots I posted?

Mike

Mike Maggio

Friday, May 18, 2018 12:19 PM
  • I think the issue are the 2 "not equal" criteria combined with "or". From operator logic this criteria is always met because of the "or". I had trouble with this kind of criteria a couple of times and try to avoid "not equal" combined with "or".

Andreas Baumgarten

Friday, May 18, 2018 6:30 PM
  • Thank you Andreas. So how to you avoid the "or?" It does not give me a choice to add "and."

Mike

Mike Maggio

Monday, May 21, 2018 3:16 PM
  • Maybe this blog post is helpful: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2010/11/30/using-andor-criteria-in-workflow-and-notification-subscriptions/

Andreas Baumgarten

Monday, May 21, 2018 6:25 PM
  • Still getting two notifications but just for the one service request (the one that equals WFO). The other one just gives me 1.

Mike Maggio

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:56 PM