none
Enterprise Field Shifting in Format=>BarStyles Between PWA's RRS feed

• Question

• We have created a clone PWA off of our development PWA.  The clone is being used for an operational activity.  We first noticed a problem in that our model schedule file was not showing what we thought it would show to the left, right, and below milestones, on the Gantt chart when view schedules from the Project Client.  We use a convention where we have Enterprise fields to declare what goes to the left, right, above, and below a task or milestone when viewing schedules in the Client.  When we looked at what was in Format==>BarStyles, it was using different enterprise fields.  We shrugged it off as some corruption, fixed the BarStyles back to what they were supposed to be, and moved on.  We then passed this "fixed" file back to the original PWA.  The file then exhibited the same problems that we found in the clone PWA --- BarStyles was using Enterprise Text fields that we did not expect. 

Here is my theory, though I have not had a chance to test it: we likely have had divergence in Enterprise fields between the test PWA and the operational PWA.  The misalignment in the number of Enterprise Fields is causing the Client to get confused as to which Enterprise field to use.  One way to test this would be to create a brand new clone PWA with identical enterprise fields and lookup tables, then immediatly pass a file between the PWA's and see if there is any corruption of what is in BarStyles.  However, I don't have the time to go thru this process right now.

We are on V2010 with SP1.

Any thoughts?

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:42 AM

Answers