Exchange 2010 - Public Folder Database Deleted RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

So I had 2 Exchange servers in my domain. After migrating users and services I  proceeded to uninstall the old Exchange server. Although, the normal uninstallation failed. I tried deleting the server object from ADSI Edit, as well as the Public folders. Then I removed and deleted the old Exchange server. The new server is functioning at the moment. Although I'm getting alot of errors in Event viewer.

This is what shows in event viewer:

"Process  Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Delyaed'1[System.String]: Unable to find any replicas for free/busy folder EX:/o=<Organization Name>/ou=Exchange Administrative Group"

As well as other events pointing out my old Public folders not being able to function due to being in a hidden deleted folder. I tried to set my new Exchange server to replicate in Public Folder Management, however this fails.

"The discovery mailbox, a hidden default mailbox that is required to search mailboxex, can't be found. It may been indadvertantly deleted. This mailbox must be created before you can search mailboxes."

How do I make the new exchange server stop trying to replicate to the public folders belonging to the old Exchange server?

Friday, August 19, 2016 8:42 AM

All replies

• This forum is for Exchange development questions. Please post questions about Exchange administration to the admin forum on TechNet.
    Friday, August 19, 2016 12:12 PM