none
error manging Hyper-V 2012 R2 Core with server 2019 desktop hyper-v manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i can not manage my hyper-v 2012 R2 server with a hyper-v manager on 2019 server (gui). (VM on this hyper-v core server)

With a 2012 R2 gui server i could manage my hyper-v 2012 R2 server without a problem.

using a new 2019 gui server i can not connect to my hyper-v server.

then i update the working 2012 R2 gui server to 2019 gui server, and the hyper-v manager has no the same problem when connecting to the hyper-v 2012 R2 core server.

if i connect to server i get the error: (can not insert picture.. )

Hyper-v Manger popup message with red cross.

"An error occurrd while attempting to connect to server

'fqdn.ofthe.server'. Check that the Virtual Machine Management service is running and that you are authorized to connect to the server.

Hyper- encounterd an error trying to access an object on computer 'fqdn.ofthe.server' because the object was not found. The object might have been deleted. Verify that the Virtual Machine Management services on the computer is running."

I have disabled the firewall on the 2012 R2 core server, i can open RDP the the server without any problem ..

is there a compatibility issue ?? between hyper-v 2012 R2 and server 2019 gui with hyper-v manager ??

thanks for helping..

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:26 PM

All replies