Getting Spammed with Microsoft Account Password Reset RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have an old hotmail account and in the last weeks I have been littered with password resets on my "password reset email", I'm receiving them hourly around 10 daily it seems that there's some kind of bot sending these emails.. I have logged into the old hotmail account, changed the password to a more secure one (30 character length randomized "lastpass password generator")a and added the microsoft authenticator. Is there any way to stop getting barraged with these emails? Is there some kind of brute force protection on these password reset methods?

Thanks
    Tuesday, June 16, 2020 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi T0MM1,

Welcome to our forum. Here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client.

Are you using Outlook desktop client?

>> I have been littered with password resets on my "password reset email", I'm receiving them hourly around 10 daily.

To confirm if your issue is related to the Outlook client, it is suggested to log in to your web mail and check if you will still get these password reset emails.

If this issue could still be reproduced in your web mail, I'm afraid that this issue is more related to your hotmail account itself. To better solve your issue, it is suggested to contact the support of hotmail for more information.

If they can all work fine the web mail and the issue only occur in Outlook client, as I know, corrupted profile can lead this issue, so please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:46 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 19, 2020 9:32 AM