URGENT HELP NEEDED! :( RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a gateway DX Blah blah blah desktop PC and after the latest update i started getting BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH right after i log in :( i dont quite know how to use the command line interface to install a hotfix ( that was what i was told to do ) and i need to fix this asap because i have COLLEGE ASSESMENTS DUE on the 7 MARCH :(:( its a guaranteed blue screen of death everytime!!. What do i do :( The only things that are connected is  a Webcam and a wireless mouse and keyboard receiver. Something bad always happens to me when i install something lol :( HELPP!
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 10:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since the issue occurred after installing the latest update, I suggest trying last good known configuration or running the System Restore from Windows Recovery console. When starting the computer, keep pressing F8 and choose Startup Repair, you can access Windows Recovery console.

If the issue is resolved after restoring, please install the updates one by one to narrow down the problematic update. If the update is Windows 7 Service Pack 1, please let me know directly.

However, if the issue persists after restoring, try to boot in Safe Mode and upload the dump file.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, March 7, 2011 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi I have a gateway DX Blah blah blah desktop PC and after the latest update i started getting BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH right after i log in :( i dont quite know how to use the command line interface to install a hotfix ( that was what i was told to do ) and i need to fix this asap because i have COLLEGE ASSESMENTS DUE on the 7 MARCH :(:( its a guaranteed blue screen of death everytime!!. What do i do :( The only things that are connected is  a Webcam and a wireless mouse and keyboard receiver. Something bad always happens to me when i install something lol :( HELPP!
    I CANT EVEN GET A MINIDUMP KOZ I DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME BEFORE BLUE SCREEN OCCURS!
    VGATTO
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 10:08 PM
  • Can you boot to safe mode with network? If yes, please start the Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump. Next, copy the dmp files to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and upload the zip file to your public Skydrive [1] folder and post a link here.

André

[1] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Monday, February 28, 2011 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

Since the issue occurred after installing the latest update, I suggest trying last good known configuration or running the System Restore from Windows Recovery console. When starting the computer, keep pressing F8 and choose Startup Repair, you can access Windows Recovery console.

If the issue is resolved after restoring, please install the updates one by one to narrow down the problematic update. If the update is Windows 7 Service Pack 1, please let me know directly.

However, if the issue persists after restoring, try to boot in Safe Mode and upload the dump file.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, March 7, 2011 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:07 AM