Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\software\wvvwksqg\whhsaeutwh". RRS feed

• Question

• I have gone inTask Manager startup as suggested as a suggested solution in a posted forum but I cannot locate this registry key in my startup?  Can it be in a different location or under another name?

Also I have previously done some changes to my sound to optomize but have since lost sound but earphones work.  I have tried everything suggested and repeated solutions but nothing works...I am at my wits end!

Thank you in advance

Saturday, June 3, 2017 3:53 PM

All replies

• I think your search for the subject registry key is a wild goose chase.  I have 5 systems and that key does not exist on any of the 5.

Have you tried reinstalling the audio driver for your sound problem?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, June 3, 2017 5:44 PM
  • Hi Manmax2017,

To ensure the safety of system, please perform a full scan with the antivirus software in safe mode.
    Try to use the Autoruns tool to check for the suspicious entry.
    Autoruns for Windows v13.71
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:40 AM
    Friday, June 9, 2017 9:54 AM
  • no one here has a clue, as evidenced by their replies. better to just reload windows.
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:14 PM