rdp certificate in win 8.1 pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I would like to see the certificate that is automatically generated for encrypting the RDP sessions. Where can I find it? The machine that is hosting the RDP sessions is running win 8.1 pro.

P.S. Can I also use my own certificate instead of the auto generated one?

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 9:11 AM

Answers

• Hi NeoKx,

I suppose you would find the authentication certificate. You could type "certmgr.msc" in search box and Enter. Then you will find the authentication certificate.

Also, when you use Remote Desktop to connect, you will see a credential in the picture below. Then click "View certificate".

Due to Remote Desktop is the Windows service, if you are using 3rd party certificate, Microsoft do not guarantee the accuracy and usability of the 3rd party certificate.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon     

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:21 AM

All replies

• Hi NeoKx,

I suppose you would find the authentication certificate. You could type "certmgr.msc" in search box and Enter. Then you will find the authentication certificate.

Also, when you use Remote Desktop to connect, you will see a credential in the picture below. Then click "View certificate".

Due to Remote Desktop is the Windows service, if you are using 3rd party certificate, Microsoft do not guarantee the accuracy and usability of the 3rd party certificate.

Best Regards

Simon     

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:21 AM
  • Hi,

We wonder if there is any luck your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.

Best Regards,

Simon

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 7:29 AM