How to disable local Administrator and disable AutoLogon after install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to disable the local Administrator account and AutoLogon after MDT finishes installation, what commands do I need to add to achieve that in Task Sequence?

Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:01 PM

Answers

• OK,

I was using "net user administrator /active:no" but I was making a mistake by adding a reboot task after this which was rebooting the machine and trying to logon again.  Now, I removed the last reboot I added and All is OK.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by rojanu Friday, June 17, 2011 2:40 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 2:40 PM

All replies

• can you do "net user administrator /active:no"

I use vbscript to disable administrator.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Autologin is disabled by default when MDT is finished...

I use a final configuration script/hta to do things after the task sequence is finished. Check this sample

http://deploymentresearch.com/Blog/tabid/62/EntryId/17/Final-Configuration-for-MDT-2010-Lite-Touch.aspx

/ Johan

Regards / Johan Arwidmark Twitter: @jarwidmark Blog: http://www.deploymentresearch.com FB: www.facebook.com/deploymentresearch
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:45 PM
  • OK,

I was using "net user administrator /active:no" but I was making a mistake by adding a reboot task after this which was rebooting the machine and trying to logon again.  Now, I removed the last reboot I added and All is OK.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by rojanu Friday, June 17, 2011 2:40 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 2:40 PM
  • How did you do that?
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 9:45 PM
  • Auto login is disabled at the end of deployment. You might want to make sure the deployment is actually finishing.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Proposed as answer by DJ3094 Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:35 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 9:55 PM