none
Error in Connecting the Oracle Attunity Source in SSIS package

Question

• Hi ,

May this question might have been posted before but as far as i am concerned i was not able to find the solution i am looking after , so please help me out on this . 

I am using the Oracle Attunity Software to connect to the Oracle source and the Testing is also successful but during Run time the Attunity Oracle source is failing and the Error found was as shown below

[Oracle Source [65]] Error: The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager Oracle Connector 1 failed with error code 0x80004005.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: Oracle Source failed validation and returned error code 0x80004005.
    [SSIS.Pipeline] Error: One or more component failed validation.
    Error: There were errors during task validation.

Validation is completed

[Connection manager "Oracle Connector 1"] Error: OCI error encountered. ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied
    Warning: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED.  The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (5) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.

I have tried the following solutions like changing the "Run64BitRuntime" to False also but its not working and i have even tried converting my package Protection Level with the "EncryptSensitiveWithPassword" but still of no use 

Please help me out 

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 12:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you acquiring the connection connection in the runtime of your package?

If yes try this.

On the Package Properties set DelayValidation=True

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:15 PM
  • The error is:

"Error: OCI error encountered. ORA 01005: null password given; logon denied"

What is your connection string?  Does it contain a password?

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:57 PM
  • Hi Santosh,

Please try to run the package under a proxy account, here is the article regarding how to schedule a package the safe way with SQL Server Agent:
    http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-schedule-package-save-way-with.html

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:19 AM
  • The error is:

"Error: OCI error encountered. ORA 01005: null password given; logon denied"

What is your connection string?  Does it contain a password?

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

Yes ! it has a password so i have hardcoded the password and used the Expression properties to connect to the oracle that has reduced the Error and i was able to execute the package through Agent
    Monday, August 04, 2014 10:45 AM
  • Are you acquiring the connection connection in the runtime of your package?

If yes try this.

On the Package Properties set DelayValidation=True

Hi ,

Thanks for the suggestion :)  ! .I have already tried that too..but it didnt work out

Monday, August 04, 2014 10:45 AM
  • Hi Santosh,

Please try to run the package under a proxy account, here is the article regarding how to schedule a package the safe way with SQL Server Agent:
    http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-schedule-package-save-way-with.html

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Oh.. much Thanks :) Let me try that 
    • Proposed as answer by DaniaMelissa Wednesday, January 07, 2015 3:56 PM
    Monday, August 04, 2014 10:55 AM

• Hi, i have a problem with de Oracle Attunity Source, appearing this error: 

Error: 0x2BD at Package: No Oracle Home was found.
    Error: 0x20F at Data Flow Task, Oracle Source [27]: error code 0x80004005 call AcquireConnection method Conect1 administrator connections. You may have registered earlier error messages with more information about the cause of this error.
    Error: 0xC0047017 at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: Error in validating Oracle Source; Error code 0x80004005 was returned.
    Error: 0xC004700C at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: Failed to validate one or more components.
    Error: 0xC0024107 at Data Flow Task: There were errors validating the task.

Some one can help with this please, i don´t have any idea how resolve!

thanks!

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 4:03 PM