Mysite restoration problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have a got an interesting situation where i need to restore a user's mysite to SharePoint 2010 and am having difficulties.
    I have been given a .bak file without the information of what kind of back up it is. So tried to restore it as sql back up and got following error.

The media family on device 'T:\tstodda5.bak' is incorrectly formed. SQL Server cannot process this media family.
    RESTORE HEADERONLY is terminating abnormally. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 3241)

Then tried to restore it as site collection in SharePoint 2010 through powershell and got following error

restore-spsite -identity http://gots/my/personal/tst/ -path T:\tstodda5.bak

Restore-SPSite : Your backup is from a different version of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation and cannot be restored to a server running the current version.
    The backup file should be restored to a server with version '14.0.0.5139' or later.
    At line:1 char:15
    + restore-spsite <<<<  -identity http://gots/my/personal/tst/ -path T:\tstodda5.bak
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...dletRestoreSite:
       SPCmdletRestoreSite) [Restore-SPSite], SPException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletRestoreSite

Tried on internet to find matching build for version 14.0.0.5139 but to no avail.

Any suggesitons are appreciated.

• Edited by Xience Thursday, December 1, 2011 11:53 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try STSADM coomands to check if they help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:24 PM
  • From the build number it indicates that at least SP1 is required.
    Stefan Goßner
    Senior Escalation Engineer - Microsoft CSS
    This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:35 PM
  • Stefan,

I have SP1 with the latest CU already. Thx

Thursday, December 1, 2011 11:52 PM