Multile actions RRS feed

• Question

• I download books from CD's and load them to an MP3 player, usually using Media Player.  However, often times these books on CD have no names or bad ones.  To click on PROPERTIES and change each field individually for dozens or even hundreds of tracks in ridiculous.

I am looking for a way to "batch" all of these changes and run a program to change them all at once.  My one thought is to use a .bat file, but there are probably better ways.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance,
    Jim (Mr_Dull)
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:08 PM

All replies

1. Click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click More Options.

2. In the Automatic media information updates for files area, select the Retrieve additional information from the Internet check box.

3. Do one of the following:

• If you want the Player to only add media information that is missing from your files, click Only add missing information.

• If you want the Player to overwrite all the media information in your files, click Overwrite all media information.

Use caution with this option. If you manually modify media information in your files, this option will potentially overwrite all of your changes.

Of course, this is only going to work with media that's available on the internet - which may not be much (especially if you really do have hundreds of files).  I don't know any way to do it automatically since there's otherwise no source for the information (since the CD's are not in the drive). I think you may have no choice but to do it manually as terrible as that sounds. I suggest you check the name when you download each CD to make sure it's right before you move on - then you won't have this problem (though you may have to name each one manually as you go along).

Maybe someone else has a better idea but since nobody had posted a reply, I thought I'd give you my ideas (even though I'm pretty sure they won't solve your problem the way you want to do it).  You may be able to use a batch file, but it would still require you to input each item individually which would take almost as long as just using the properties method (but I don't know how to do this though I'm pretty sure it's possible).

Good luck and best wishss.

Friday, September 4, 2009 1:12 PM
  • Thanks, Lorien.  This, at least is a start, and was an option I wasn't aware of.

Take care,
    Jim
    Friday, September 4, 2009 2:39 PM