Formatting Issue in Excel Export RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

When exporting data from ProClarity into Excel, column names are sometimes not positioned correctly.  The last few column names wrap underneath the header row while the data is presented in the proper place.  For example:

Column1_Name  Column2_Name  Column3_Name

Column4_Name

C1_Data             C2_Data             C3_Data              C4_Data

Is there a way to control this in ProClarity?

Thanks for your feedback!

Tim

Monday, December 3, 2007 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Tim,

There isn't much control when exporting from ProClarity to Excel.  I assume you're just going to File|Export|Export To Excel, correct?  That's essentially not too much more than a copy and paste operation.

Could you try to reproduce with AdventureWorks and then send the query you're using so we can get a look at what produces this behavior?

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 9:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Tim,

There isn't much control when exporting from ProClarity to Excel.  I assume you're just going to File|Export|Export To Excel, correct?  That's essentially not too much more than a copy and paste operation.

Could you try to reproduce with AdventureWorks and then send the query you're using so we can get a look at what produces this behavior?

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 9:51 PM
  • Hi Ben:

Yes, that is how we are doing the export.  I didn't think that there was much, if anything, that the user could do to influence the export results.

I attempt something similar in AW to see if the same thing happens.

Thanks for your help!

Tim

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:28 PM